Friday, March 26, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days: The List

1. Write 100 words every day or seven hundred a week.
2. Try a new recipe every month. (0/36)
3. Read a book a week. (0/156)
4. Get back to pre-Phoebs weight in year one; keep it off during years two and three.
5. Save $600 ($50 a month) for Christmas.
6. Watch entire series: The West Wing, Freaks and Geeks, Roseanne, M*A*S*H, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, the Golden Girls
7. Watch all of Ebert's Greats.
8. Visit the Harry Potter amusement park.
9. Learn to quilt.
10. Learn Italiano!
11. Complete my goal of reading Time's list
12. Start recyling again.
13. See nine concerts. (0/9)
14. See twelve movies in theaters. (0/12)
15. Become a wino (ie learn enough about wines to be able to make suggestions for different meals)
16. Become a runner (specifically, run one mile three times a week or more)
17. Acquire six more items for my keys motif and six more for my mirror motif. (0/6) (0/6)
18. Go to a light show at Carnegie
19. Visit Rochester.
20. Visit Durham.
21. Finish writing my book.
22. Get three critical papers published.(0/3)
23. Make love on a forest floor, on the bank of a river, or on the beach.
24. Learn sign language.
25. Start my own garden with fruits and vegetables.
26. Go to a major music festival
27. Continue piano lessons until I can comfortably sight-read and can play:
Always Summer
30. Have a memorable New Year's Eve.
31. Write my will.
32. Ride ten different rollercoasters. (0/10)
33. Go vegetarian for a month.
34. Purchase the NPR Guide to Building a Classical Collection; follow its directions.
http://www.amazon.com/NPR-Guide-Building-Classical-Collection/dp/0761104879%3FSubscriptionId%3D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquidooa177925-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D0761104879
35. Host a game night.
36. Host a tea party.
37. Read five new works of Shakespeare.
38. Get admitted into grad. school.
39. Use CFLs exclusively.
40. Keep reusable bags in the car and actually use them.
41. Take Phoebs to a major zoo.
42. Remain silent for an entire day.
43. Learn to meditate and do it frequently.
44. Write letters to Phoebe that she can save and read later on.
45. See the Carolina Opry again.
46. Write down five things that I'm grateful for every day.
47. Learn a new word every day.
48. Put together a cookbook filled with family recipes.
49. Learn the basics of car maitenence.
50. Read three news stories every day.
51. Buy something from Modcloth.com.
52. Learn three new ways to fix my hair.
53. Learn how to make pizza from scratch.
54. Acquire three more snow globes.
55. Finish my scrapbook for my sister.
56. Acquire three more hat boxes.
57. Watch something on Broadway.
58. Write every day in the Food Journal.
59. Start supporting the USPS by writing more letters.
60. Take my vitamins every day.
61. Learn to strip and paint furniture.
62. Go to a drive-in movie.
63. Write a twenty page paper on something that I'm interested in that I'm proud of.
64. Find a signature scent.
65. Invest time and attention in my long-distance friendships.
66. Become passionate about something I know nothing about right now.
67. Read to Phoebe every day.
68. Purchase ten of the classics on DVD for Phoebs.
69. Find a pair of heels that I love and will actually wear for each season.
70. Study massage.
71. Get a nice set of luggage.
72. See three indie films at the Warner Theatre. (0/3)
73. Label and organize my burned CD and DVD collections.
74. Read all the way through one of my literature textbooks.
75. Get comfortable enough with the IPA to actually use it in everyday life.
76. Learn to drive stick.
77. Subscribe to a major newspaper.
78. Do a good job singing at Jess's wedding in June.
79. Study poetry enough to understand the basics.
80. Make a perfect score on a major test.
81. Find three new fruits and three new vegetables that I love. (0/3) (0/3)
82. Give meaningful gifts to each of the women in my family.
83. Really flesh out my board game collection (and Phoebe's).
84. Get a response from Roger Ebert on a comment on his blog.
85. Fall in love with a pub, restaurant, or bar.
86. Learn five truly hilarious jokes. (0/5)
87. Watch Craig Ferguson at least twice a week.
88. Find a morning news show that is tolerable.
89. Send flowers to someone who deserves them.
90. Perfect a from-scratch cake and icing recipe.
91. Go on roadtrips with: Lindsey and Morgan; Whitney; Chelsy; the book club and the Sisters group.
92. Go to a beach and like it.
93. Discover the place(s) I want to live.
94. Plan (and save up for) a trip to Europe. :)
95. Find three new pastimes to share with Phoebe.
96. Get a Brazilian bikini wax.
97. Own a Burberry scarf.
98. Stay off of Facebook for an entire week.
99. Stop scratching my fingers.
100. Get on a proper ADD medication dosage/schedule.

2 comments:

  1. First off, making love on a forest floor isn't all it's cracked up to be. :P

    Secondly, I've always wanted something from ModCloth too but I'm always kinda wary about buying crap online. But I might go out on a limb and do it one day.

    And last but not least, I am pumped we have some of the same things so we can accomplish them together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ohhhh Chels. I require details on this one, my dear!

    Yeah, me too, especially since I don't know anyone that has actually purchased things from there...but it's time (or sometime in the next three years will be time, rather :)) to suck it up and go through with it.

    Annnnd I'm pumped that I felt inspired by so many of yours, and that we can do them together, of course. We should be crossing one of them off together in just a couple of weeks...can't wait! <3

    ReplyDelete